Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Misc...

Remember my blog's title... well here's something that really fits it...

You get shortlisted by Khazanah, applied for unpaid leave for 10 days, pay RM 2k to go to KL, go through all the hectic regime just to get informed that

"We don't sponsor candidates to Carnegie Mellon University"

Oh hell c'mon, why can't you say so earlier? Why say now when I am already at the third stage???

That's the D-U-H-est D-U-H I've ever got... Feel so bad now... Only Stanford is my last hope... Need to get that waitlist into an admission (I'm acting as if I got Khazanah already. Maybe Khazanah should send a rejection letter into my face)

Anyway... Enough of disappointment, let's move on to some action movies =)

Your star:

MARK WONG!!!! (boo!)

*sorry, clicked wrong button... Take two and... action!

Your star:

MARK WONG!!!! (applause!)

I woke up today at 9:00 and was immediately mortified... I HAD A PLANE TO CATCH AT 1:40!!!! (Big deal, but I had other things to do...)

I quickly packed my things and proceeded to check out from Tune Hotel. Then I took the monorail at Medan Tuanku to KL Sentral... (I had to go to Cheras and my friend who once lived there told me I could take an LRT from there)

Unfortunately, he was wrong... I had to take a cab to go to Cheras... to Institut Perguruan Ilmu Khas so that I could retrieve an important certificate of performance for His Majesty YDPA.

AND THE CAB LEFT ME AT THE WRONG PLACE!!!! Time was ticking, and it was already 11:00... Gritting my teeth I had to walk 1 km to the place, AND THE MUSIC BLOCK HAD TO BE THE FURTHEST FROM THE GATE!!! Oh well, no complains (yeah, right). I finally found the person who had my certificate and luckily he offered to send me to...

CHERAS LRT STATION...

11:10 I arrived at the LRT station.

11:15 still no sign of an LRT. Malaysia's Public Transportation sucks...

11:20 Finally, an LRT

11:24 Reached Hang Tuah station, changed to KTM Monorail

11:31 Finally, a train to KL Sentral

11:36 Arrived at KL Sentral KTM station. Ran all the way to KL Sentral Station... Unfortunately, LCCT Bus already gone bye bye... I'm in hot soup now...

12:00 LCCT Bus left station... Normally it takes one hour from KL Sentral to LCCT. Remember that my flight was on 1:40? AirAsia policy strictly requires you to check-in 45 minutes before departure. I even checked with the ground staff which was boarding the same bus as I was...

12:50 Arrived at LCCT airport... Rushed like a madman to the self check-in counter... FAILED!

12:53 Checked the screen for the check-in counter. RUSHED TO THE COUNTER ASAP

12:55 Managed to check-in on time (talk about craziness)

12:56 Went to check the screen, the counter changed its status to "CLOSED"

Talk about a close shave! However, I was toally famished as I did not even manage to eat a single thing throughout the whole morning... As I was queueing for MacD, announcement was made informing me that MY FLIGHT WAS GOING TO DEPART SOON... Sometimes, you really hate AirAsia for its delay... and then they start leaving early ...

Arrived home at 4:00, EXHAUSTED!!!! Interview again next week @@

9 comments:

  1. wow so rush!!@@
    all the best for the next interview...God bless^^

    Congratz to SMK Bintulu Choir Club!!yeah yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...
    option 1 : you should have told the cheras guy that you were in a hurry...then maybe he would send u all the way to LCCT... possible? O.o.. or at least somwhere nearer to your destination XD

    option 2 : come on, take a cab and save u lots of problems... anyway you're rich ppl XD

    you're reminding me about my flight on june... arrived 4.30 from singapore at kuching, depart 6.30 from kuching to bintulu...(shuddering)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. cab is expensive... almost 100 Ringgit (well, maybe purchasing ANOTHER ticket is more expensive but, hey I saved 90 Ringgit by taking the bet!)

    2. The Cheras guy is working -.- and how did I know Malaysia's public transport in KL so louya one...Have been using Kelana Jaya line and that's so... good (at least)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooops...my bad...sorry abt tat...nxt time go to masjid jamek for anyth to do wif trains(except klia express)...it's d central hub for trains...and you cud hv taken klia express from sentral instead of d bus...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I wanted to go to LCCT not KLIA -.- XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't sponsor candidates to Carnegie Mellon University... hmm.. since they said that, why still wanna go for khazanah?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coz they never said it before until that day??? sweat

    ReplyDelete
  9. feel bad to hear about the disappointment.

    Don't worry, who knows Stanford will grant u an admission later. And, Khazanah will just be there for u.

    Good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete