Friday, May 8, 2009

Robotics

R eally, I had quite enough,
O f this Robotics Competition stuff,
B oasting and bragging fills up the club,
O ften you hear backstabbings rub'd,
T hrow that gal away! They say,
I don't want her, she's no good, nay!
C onscience of soul, none can I find,
S cience befouled, self comes to mind.

R ude and impertinent, your action says all,
O verly confident, pride comes before a fall,
B ombastic and grandiloquent, humility's an alien,
O vertly intransigent, toleration's not craven,
T erribly, horribly, vegetably self-centered,
I ncredibly, incredulously, incessantly ill-mannered,
C ondescending to all, we're just second class,
S ometimes I really wished you all were last.


A congratulatory note to our Robotics Team (directed more to Upper form, Lower form guys are exceptionally unpolluted). Do think more of your character. Competition is one thing, personality is another. Unfortunately, the impression and atmosphere from the club is as though you are the "elite group". I'm especially disappointed with the way insults are hurtled and how people are termed "useless". Then comes the part where "they could have won if blah blah blah", "we could have won if bleh bleh bleh", "Kick that person away because s/he does nothing". And the way people talk is as if everything is attributed to him/her...(they know who they are)...What do SMK Bintulu people think about the Robotics Club?

P.S. If they were more humble, I would be very happy for their victory. As such, they aren't...

5 comments:

  1. haiz,they stil kids...hvnt mature enuf...

    ReplyDelete
  2. humanity is always lost during the quest for victory...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...
    hope tat the chess members dun like tat... XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, to be brutally honest, I'm quite disappointed with them, although they won. They really need to change their attitude. Every single one of them. There are a few times I went into the room just to see what's going on, and they shoo me away like I was some old hobo begging for money, especially the upper forms. The disgusted look on their face when they saw me.. haiz.. Very, very pathetic. What a let down for such a great club.

    ReplyDelete