Friday, May 1, 2009

Sejarah

So long I did not post an entry, and so I decided I should finally pen down some of my feelings =)

This is more on 30th April's happenings haha.

As you all know (or some of you may not, whatever. An example of a useless sentence you should avoid when writing an essay...), I work as a Sejarah and PJK teacher in SMK Bintulu (for now hehe). Recently, I have earned the title "Cikgu Gila" from 4S7 and 4S1 students. From the information I gathered from my colleagues, I found out that they were horrified with my presence in class... another period of agony and torture. I mean, who would like sejarah? XD

NOBODY

Well, that's exactly the problem which I faced when I first took over the class. More than half of 4S7's students had beatiful red colours for their papers and needless to say, 4S1 was quite hopeless. According to the students, the teacher never taught them in class AND they never brought their textbooks and/or used them (quite different from our generation). They just copied notes on the blackboard day in day out and when it comes to answering questions, half of them didn't even know what to write -.-

All of that was to change the moment I got my hands on the classes

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA


First rule: Those who don't bring Sejarah textbook will have a punishment of 20+5(n-1) times of push-ups, where n = the nth time violating the stated rule.

Second rule: Study Sejarah everyday because I may spring a surprise quiz anytime anywhere.

Third rule: Do not do something you would regret... I am known for my sarcasm and sharp words :)

Fourth rule: Topical test EVERY Thursday. 2 structure and 2 essay.

Fifth rule: Those who fail the topical test will be punished by (40-n) times, where n = exams marks and n <40

Sixth rule: Passing mark for 4S7 is 60, for 4S1 is 40

Seventh rule: All Sejarah textbooks are to be put on the teacher's table prior to examinations. Sitting arrangements will be reshifted to avoid "accidental stray sideway glances"

Eight rule: I will almost go in any single sit-in period available for me to continue teaching the syllabus and/or giving surprise quiz.

Ninth rule: If anyone forgot the name(s) of important historical figure(s), I will change his/her name into that person's name so that s/he will NEVER FORGET IT. Right now we have Nandiswara Wong Soon Fook, Amir Koh, Zaid Goh and Alaq.

Want me to teach your class Sejarah? Maybe you should think again =) But my stringent regiment does have its merits. From the mediocre 2 passes I got from the first topical test from each class, I now have 14 passes from 4S1 =)

And there's even a 98 scorer from 4S7 by the name of Kong Chan Hum

I feel so happy that they are finally starting to study Sejarah... I must admit, I love teaching this subject... And I never really hated it haha... (weird guy -.-)

History is important as it gives you a free A1 lolz... Good luck to everyone sitting for Sejarah SPM...

7 comments:

  1. i like history too...coz it is sooooo easy2 score in SPM
    but last time when i teach, i din teach as strict as u...lol
    well done 4 ur works...keep it on ya man...God bless~

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. if I can do this in my tuition center, it would be great.. too bad I dun think my boss would allow me to do that.. very good and creative method anyway.. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey how come you did teach us bio like tat?
    but then again i would like bio classes to be less stressful XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. -.- coz for form 5 I more like friends with you all marh... you all sure tak dengar cakap saya... Moreover that time I only start teaching marh haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Mark..hahaha..Now you teach Sejarah yea? and PJK??hahaha...you are suitable to teach PJK..because you run faster than Ostrich i think ;)
    Your Rules very nice
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. no lah... we so "ting1 hua4" de...
    huh??? mark can run faster than ostrich??

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL wow, with a punishment of push ups by not bringing text book, i'll gladly leave it at home dude :P

    yo, drop by my blog once in a while too!

    ReplyDelete