Monday, March 16, 2009

Disappointments

You thought getting 2310 in SAT 1 was a good result,
You thought getting 2400 in SAT 2 was excellent,
You thought getting 5As and MUET band 6 were perfect,
Unfortunately, you're wrong...

MIT still doesn't want you (for two years in a row). You're stucked at a hanging thread uncertain of where you are heading towards in the future. Having no mood to apply for NTU and NUS, you wiggle through www.recom.org, only to find even more exciting news which do not have you as the main character. You wished you could rejoice with their achievements but envy and jealousy tries to poison your mind.

You shake away thoughts of "God, that's unfair" and "Why not me?" but somehow it gets the better of you. Sinking deeper and deeper in the depths of despair, you found yourself gasping for breath. You were trapped. It was all over.

Until God told you that He was still in charge of everything. You finally resorted not to believe in what you thought was best. His was the perfect plan, and the main obstacle blocking your view is that superbly magnified ego of yours...Spiritual diagnosis says that you better fast on self-gratification if you want to remain a healthy person.

I guess I will just have to see what God wants on 1st of April. Thy will be done.

1 comment:

  1. All the best on that day(1st of April)! Didn't know you actually started a blog liao.. :)

    Btw, just a comment la.. failed once doesn't mean you will fail the next time.. As you say, perhaps God has a better plan for you, like the coming 1st of April.. Nobody know what's the outcome.. And you may get it, or you may not.

    And do remember that what you think is best for you doesn't mean God thinks the same way about it. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.

    Just sharing a verse which you most probably know by heart already.

    Proverbs 3:5-6

    Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

    This scripture is one which keep me sane whenever I encounter failure. Believe me, I encounter even more failures than you could even imagine.

    I got band 4 in MUET before, and yeah, that result lower my confidence really badly until I realize perhaps I need to learn something from that. And that time (mid-year 08), nearly more than 50% in my class obtained a band 5. Perhaps I have always been prideful until God decided to teach me a lesson on humility. Yet I still strive on, and retake MUET even though its very near STPM.

    Yes, although my results later may not be as good as you, but if that's what God had given me (and its already more than what I had hope in the first place), I am still thankful for it.

    P.S: Anyway, all the best. I believe that you can get even more in the future.. But remember, do give Him all the glory for what you get. God bless! =)

    ReplyDelete